15 Tips On How To Wake Up and Make Mornings Better
Tuesday, August 26, 2014 by Jessica Booth
You know how some people are really productive in the morning? They wake up early, they get things done, they get to their classes on time, and they’re relatively relaxed. Well, I’ve never been one of those people. For me, mornings have always been extremely hectic, and that almost always comes down to the fact that I have hit the snooze button one too many times. I hate waking up, and I’m really terrible at it.
And I know I’m not alone. A new study shows us that because students start school so early in the morning, they’re experiencing a lot of negative side effects. Basically the research says that students should be able to sleep a little bit later… and I agree! Why does everything have to start SO early? Can’t we all just give ourselves an extra hour in the morning?
Unfortunately, the standard time for work and school to start probably isn’t going to change anytime soon. So, if you’re like me, you need to know how to wake up in the morning so that you’re not constantly late to class. Here are 15 tips on how to wake up and become
a morning person … this is actually more like 15 infographics though, with a ton of tips!
1. Put your alarm far away from your bed so that you have to actually get out of bed to turn it off. It will be a little harder to get under the covers after that.
2. All of these tips are great, but I really love the one about holding yourself accountable by telling a friend.
3. Again, all great tips, but I love the one about doing this gradually. Don’t think that it will happen quickly – start slow until you get into a routine.
4. Set a bunch of different alarms so that they just keep going off no matter what.
5. Cold showers really do work. Trust me.
6. I love the “me time” tip. If you make mornings more enjoyable, you’ll want to wake up more!
12. Turn off your electronics before bed to ensure that you wake up well rested.
13. Drink lemon water for a burst of energy.
14. I don’t know if this is true, but I do know you should some food for energy.