A computer has become a part of every household, as it has use for everyone in the family, whether it be for the mother to write a recipe or the son to play games. Are you thinking of buying a computer in the near future? Well, then here are some tips to help you buy a home computer.
Computers have revolutionized many aspects of our lifestyle, whether it be personal or professional. These days, computers have become an essential part of our life. Buying a computer is not an easy task, as it involves many technical details. Someone buying a computer without any knowledge, may end up making a wrong decision. At times, like these, in order to make a good decision, you can always use some tips for buying a home computer.
Use of Computers
The idea of buying a computer is not just about going on a shopping spree and buying anything that appeals to you. Before buying a computer, you need to decide the purpose, which will help you determine the kind of purchase that you need to make. It is always better to take the help of someone with some technical experience. A computer might not look much different from the next, but if you were asked to buy one, you will be baffled by the choice that is available in the market.
Computers are increasingly used for both personal and professional use, and there are different guides on buying a computer, to help you through the purchase. Professionals use a computer to help them in their work and if they are always on the move, a laptop may be ideal. Someone who wants to use it at home, may want to buy a desktop, which generally has more power and higher upgrades.
General Tips for Purchasing a ComputerHere is some technical information that can be a helpful guide to buying a home computer.
- There are various operating systems, such as the Windows Vista and Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, which allows a user to avail the facilities of a television through a computer.
- The processor could be a Celeron or a Sempron, if you want to purchase one at an affordable price, or you could want a high-end one,
like the 64-bit Pentium 4 or Athlon CPU.
- The memory should be selected according to the operating system; hence, faster the hertz of the memory, better the performance. So, why not go in for a 1 GB of RAM with the Windows XP home operating system.
- The hard drive should have at least 60 GB or more memory, as there are more downloads in a house computer.
- You can choose a CD-RW drive with a DVD writer which is able to burn most things onto your disks and choose a dedicated graphics board after considering your needs.
- For the computer monitor, you can go in for an LCD or a flat panel, which might be expensive but takes less space, or you could even go for a cost-effective option like a 17-inch CRT, which comes for $50.
- There are new desktops made especially for home users that come with a modem and a network interface or even both together, or you can opt for a broadband connection.
- You can also pick accessories, such as a headphone and a microphone with an easy to connect jack.
- Make sure of the amount of memory, PCI slots and drive bays available for upgrades.
- Additional software is provided for home users with the purchase of computers.
Buying a home computer is expensive, so you should make sure that you are getting your money's worth. Always check the different kinds of warranty that they offer and choose the one that is the longest. Make sure that you are aware of how to use the computer, before you purchase one.
If you decide upon the use of the computer, then it will be easier to determine the minimum requirements. Inquire about the helpline and technical support that the dealer offers and also check on the quality by reading reports and other publications. A salesman will always try to charge the highest selling price, if the customer is not knowledgeable about the product. So, make sure that you are aware of the inventory of the accessories that come with the computer. Now, the process of buying a computer for your home use will not be so difficult, with these tips that are made available to you.