Knowing the best ten pool playing tips are guaranteed to give you a one-up on other players. There are many tips to keep in mind if you want to win at pool every time. Below are ten pool playing tips that will come in handy when playing this game.
- Don't use too much force. Try not to hit the ball too hard. Using too much force can make the ball curve off or rebound.
- Always use the diamonds. Most pool tables have diamonds around the edge of them. Most pool players don't know that these diamonds are an aiming system for shooting the ball correctly. Using these diamonds can help improve your playing by a long run.
- Take your time. Winning at pool takes patience, not speed. You'll set yourself up in a better winning position if you plan your shots carefully. Rushing and not taking your time is sure to make you a loser.
- Keep your head straight. Many pool players tend to tilt their head when aiming. If you tilt your head, you're looking at your shot from a sidewards instead of a frontward view.
- Keep your hand relaxed. Tension is the worst thing to have when playing pool. The more tension and tightening you put on your cue stick, the less likely it will travel in a straight line.
- Recognize the important balls. The important balls are the two balls that will be
easy to shoot on your next shot. Make sure not to knock in a ball that's by the 8-ball unless it is the last ball.
- Walk around and look at all of the balls before taking a shot. Look where you want to have your cue ball positioned for your next shot. If you want it in the right spot, you need to know where the right cue shot is. Always keep this pool playing tip in mind when playing.
- Understand your misses. After you've missed, figure out why you missed a ball. Then in your mind, plan out how you can fix it so that you won't make the same mistake over again.
- Know the game you're playing. You don't want to end up pocketing one of your own balls because you got the different type of pool games mixed up. Make sure you know what version of pool you are playing.
- Practice, practice, practice. Before playing a competitive game of pool and embarrassing yourself, make sure that you've gotten plenty of practice. It may seem frustrating at first, but the more you practice, the better you will get at playing pool. This is one pool playing tip that needs to be remembered.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …