- February 2, 2015 - Tax packages are available at post offices, local tax services offices and online .
- February 9, 2015 - First day to use NETFILE
- March 2, 2015 - Deadline for employers and other payers to give you an information slip, usually a T4 Statement of Remuneration Paid. which tells you and the CRA exactly how much you earned in 2014.
- March 2, 2015 - Deadline to make RRSP contributions for the 2014 tax year.
- April 30, 2015 - Deadline for most tax returns. If you owe anything, you must pay by this date or you will be charged interest .
- June 15, 2015 - Deadline for self-employed persons.
If you or your spouse or common-law partner carried on a business in 2014 (other than a business whose expenditures are primarily in connection with a tax shelter), your 2014 tax return has to be filed on or before June 15, 2015. However, if you have a balance owing for 2014, you still have to pay it on or before April 30, 2015 .
Please note there are some changes to this year's tax-filing season:
All software programs available this year allow you to submit your return directly to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), so you no longer need to log into the CRA's NETFILE website; the software takes care of this for you.